[Wine]Configuration after installation problem

Stefan Munz stefan.munz at itomig.de
Thu Aug 4 01:25:12 CDT 2005

Am Dienstag, 2. August 2005 23:06 schrieb Richard C. Steffens:
> I'm fairly new to wine. I'm running the version (Wine 20050211) that
> comes with SuSE 9.3. I had been using the version that came with SuSE
> 9.1 (Wine 20040213), and recently ran the SuSE 9.3 upgrade installation.
>
> Getting ready to try installing Word Perfect 8.0, I've been reading the
> help documents. I recollect a warning not to run wine as root. By
> mistake, I did so. When I did, it appeared to change the installation so
> that now I have to run wine as root or I get messages such as:
>
> ------------------------
> Warning: the specified Windows directory L"C:\\Windows" is not accessible.
> Warning: the specified System directory L"C:\\Windows\\System" is not
> accessible.
> ------------------------

I would verify the symlinks in .wine/dosdevices. c: should by default point to
your ~/.wine/drive_c (or if you upgraded maybe ~/.wine/fake_windows).

on my laptop the dosdevices dir looks like this:
munz at acer:/opt/wine> ll ~/.wine/dosdevices/
insgesamt 0
lrwxrwxrwx  1 munz users 10 2005-08-02 20:33 c: -> ../drive_c

> and

> Please use the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software\Fonts\LogPixels
> to set the screen resolution and remove the "Resolution" entry in the
> config file

you can savely ignore this message unless your fonts are too big or small.

cu,

Stefan