[Wine]Help : Installation of Office XP with Wine May 2005

Dang Hai Thanh thanhdh at fsoft.com.vn
Thu Aug 4 03:39:38 CDT 2005

Dear all Wine-users,

I'm last-year student of Hanoi University of Technology in Vietnam.

My graduate thesis has important part relate to Wine and installation of Windows applications in Linux via Wine. I have completed all part of my thesis except Wine related part.

I installed Office XP with Wine May 2005 and it always failed. Before installed Office, I had installed Dcom98.exe , InstMsi.exe, IE6 (Althought IE6 had some errors but it still worked).When I installed Office Xp, it updated my file system the first. Then it show Cdkey window, customize window, and it fail at middle of progress in preparing install window with message "Error 25003 : Microsoft Office Xp setup can not continue because installation source has been corrupted". In debug mode, it thraw some errors with ntdll.dll, setupapi.dll and I found some patchs for them. Now it didn't throw this errors but still corrupted.

My thesis implemented time is runned out. I have only a week remain to complete this problem.

I know here are many professional Wine-users and Wine-developers. Please help me or my graduate thesis will fail.

Sincerely,

Dang Hai Thanh.