Fw: [Wine]Lotus Notes + wine 20050725

Shadi Khasawneh Shadi.Khasawneh at eitny.com
Mon Aug 8 12:23:22 CDT 2005

Hello all,

      Today I downloaded the latest WINE version from CVS, and I'm still
getting the same behavior and errors, which prevent a normal installation
of Lotus Notes versions 6.5 and 7.

P.S. The first email did not post to the list because it's size was more
than 40KB.

                      Shadi Khasawneh
                                               To:      Dripple <dripple2 at laposte.net>
                      08/02/2005 11:03         cc:      wine-users at winehq.com
                      AM                       Subject: Re: [Wine]Lotus Notes + wine 20050725(Document link: Shadi Khasawneh)

I'm using the latest CVS build of wine (downloaded 1 hour ago) to test the
following versions of Lotus Notes:
1) Lotus Notes R5.0.12 Client:
      -  Installs and works fine - everything seems to be working fine
without any problems.
      - The best version I've used so far!

2) Lotus Notes Clients R6.5.4 and Lotus Notes Client R7 BETA 4
      - Both have the same installer problem. Missing dialogs/options
during the installation process!
      - It is possible to keep clicking next and install -- but it does not
install the client files correctly
        and it will not run!
      - Check attached image (shows the expected behavior) & bad image
(problem) & error file.
      - I did not try installing it in any other way (by doing it in
Windows then exporting registry as mentioned
        in some threads).

-- I'm using Red Hat Fedora Core 4, GCC 4.0.1 and Kernel 2.6.12-1.1398_FC4.

Best wishes,

(See attached file: Images.zip)

                      <dripple2 at laposte        To:       wine-users at winehq.com
                      .net>                    cc:       wine-devel at winehq.com
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  [Wine]Lotus Notes + wine 20050725
                      08/01/2005 04:37

Hi all,

I'm currently testing Lotus Notes 7 beta 3 + wine 20050725. First, it is
much better than previous releases (now, it works).

First bugs :
- mouse pointer disappear on repainted zones (tabs, left mail menu...)
- Notes always wants to have focus

Config running  : Kubuntu Hoary / KDE 3.4.2

wine-users mailing list
wine-users at winehq.org