[Wine]winecfg - how to set 'default' mode

Holly Bostick motub at planet.nl
Mon Aug 15 09:07:39 CDT 2005

Dan Sawyer schreef:
> In winecfg what is the syntax to set default mode? I tried the '*' but
> it would not add it.
>
> Thanks,
> Dan

Sorry, maybe I'm dim, but I'm not getting what you're asking.

Default mode in what respect/section/tab of winecfg are you referring to?

If you have "Default Settings" selected (highlighted) in the first tab,
then all subsequent settings in other tabs will be the default settings.

If you have added one or more individual applications, and have one of
them selected in the Applications tab, rather than "Default Settings",
the settings you make on subsequent tabs will be per-application, for
the selected application only (look at the title bar, you will see that
each subsequent tab is labelled "*** Settings for ****.exe (your
application)".

Hope this helps,
Holly