[Wine]err:x11settings:X11DRV_ChangeDisplaySettingsEx No matching mode found! (XRandR) AND not loading native dll's

Liam Kurmos quantum_liam at yahoo.co.jp
Fri Aug 19 06:59:58 CDT 2005

Hi all,

I'm looking for some help getting a game called 'Port Royale' to run in
wine.

Install went well, after launching the intro runs without a glitch, and
then it crashes, leaving:

$wine PortRoyale.exe
fixme:keyboard:RegisterHotKey (0x20022,1,0x00000001,9): stub
fixme:keyboard:RegisterHotKey (0x20022,2,0x00000003,46): stub
fixme:keyboard:RegisterHotKey (0x20022,3,0x00000002,27): stub
fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW Unimplemented action: 59
(SPI_SETSTICKYKEYS)
fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW Unimplemented action: 53
(SPI_SETTOGGLEKEYS)
fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW Unimplemented action: 51
(SPI_SETFILTERKEYS)
fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW Unimplemented action: 8192
(SPI_GETFOREGROUNDLOCKTIMEOUT)
fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW Unimplemented action: 8193
(SPI_SETFOREGROUNDLOCKTIMEOUT)
err:x11settings:X11DRV_ChangeDisplaySettingsEx No matching mode found!
(XRandR)
fixme:xrandr:X11DRV_XRandR_SetCurrentMode Cannot change screen BPP from
32 to 16

Does anyone know what the problem is? I'm using wine 250705 on FC4

I tried launching with WINEDEBUG=+loaddll's, and copying all the listed
dlls to my /drive_c/windows/system (apart from the ones the user guide
tells me not to). This didn't make any difference. Also I noticed that
running with +loaddlls again all the dll's are still listed as native,
even though I added them all to the libraries section of winecfg with
the 'native' setting. I expect this is a seperate problem.

anyone?