[Wine]Re: COMCTL32: fix for dreamweaver's site dialog

Evil wine at eternaldusk.com
Mon Aug 22 08:16:32 CDT 2005

Thanks again for fixing that Mike!

Since the need to use the native common controls had been around so
long, and you seem to have stomped the problem so thoroughly and in
record time, I thought I'd take a minute to point out two other issues
I've noticed in the app - in case they're not well known bugs.

1)  It won't start without using the native msvcrt.dll.  It hangs on
NtWaitForMultipleObjects while the splash screen is still up.

2)  I'm not sure if everyone is experiencing this, or just me, but it
always starts maximized, no matter what the state at shutdown was.  I
*think* that way back before I started using CVS, it worked properly...
but I can't swear to that.  I can backlevel and check, but I'm not sure
how to determine exactly when the regression would have started.

The version of DreamWeaver MX I'm using reports as 6.1 on the about
dialog.  I've been putting off upgrading - hoping that they will release
a native Linux version or that someone will create something
comparable.  As of yet, I haven't seen any HTML authoring package that
comes close... particularly in the area of templates and such.

-J