[Wine]Sentinel Driver

Thomas Serries t.serries at lvm.de
Tue Aug 23 00:38:30 CDT 2005

Hello Vince,

we've got the same problem with some of our applications using Sentinel
SuperPro dongles.

Our investigations showed, that there might be a way for running theses
applications unter wine, as the sentinel dongle protection is technically
realized as TCP/IP communication between the application and a "dongle
server" (part of the dongle driver provided by safenet). Atleast for our
applications the dongle server is the reason for all "evil".

Safenet provides linux drivers (and daemons) for parallel port und USB
dongle on thier web-site for download
(http://www.safenet-inc.com/support/tech/sentinel.asp). As there is
currently not support for RedHat Linux 4 we could not test this approach
ourselves. But we beliefe, that this is a promissing approach.

Maybe you've got more luck.

Thomas

--
Dr. Thomas Serries