[Wine]wine and Real Rhapsody player

John Bailo jabailo at texeme.com
Tue Aug 23 11:30:51 CDT 2005

Holly Bostick wrote:

>The site gives you a link to the Sidenet utility that AmishGuy used to
>install IE and WMP under Wine, did you follow it? (The title "Sidenet
>Wine Configuration" is a link to the site where you can download
>Sidenet.) I've never used Sidenet, but apparently it works for this purpose.

Sidenet installed fine.  But after that, Rhapsody installation hung at
99% on the progress meter.

>You might also consider WineTools, which apparently has a SuSE RPM, so
>it might be easier for you to install than the Sidenet utility:
>http://www.novell.com/products/linuxpackages/professional/winetools.html
>(contains a link to the WineTools site)

Do you think it would make a difference as far as installing (not
running) Rhapsody.   That is the place where I'm getting stuck (see
other post).

>or you might also consider:
>
>Crossover Office (a commercial variant of Wine which installs IE and WMP
>as supported applications). A free trial is available:
>http://www.codeweavers.com/

I checked Crossover Office's database for Rhapsody, and it was listed as
"not working", so I can't use Xover Office.