[Wine]Running wine from php pages with "Xvfb" not success for my machine

André Carvalho acarvalho at abordo.com.br
Wed Aug 24 13:45:25 CDT 2005

Eka,

First you create a wine environment for the apache user.
Then if you don't have an X server running on this machine, use Xvfb by
running in your startup script :

Xvfb :1 &

on your script, just add: export DISPLAY=:1

#!/bin/bash
export DISPLAY=:1
echo "hello, $USER. Please wait... Executing an application
wine /home/takeda/app.exe

If you use Xvfb you don't need xhost and the error you had is because
you try to use another X server on display 0, but you already have one
running on :0 that's why you need to run Xvfb :1 instead.

Hope this helps.

André Carvalho