[Wine]Softlinking to a dvd-drive with inconsistent mount points?

Walt Ogburn reuben at ugcs.caltech.edu
Fri Aug 26 01:06:57 CDT 2005

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005, Hiji wrote:

> --- Hiji <hijinio at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Does anybody know how to get around this or have any
> > advice?  Is there something I have to do with FSTAB?
> >
> > Hiji
>
> Problem solved:
> http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/2005/05/dkukawka_hal_mountpoints.html
>
> Thanks everyone!
> Hiji

Thanks Hiji, that was useful for me too.  In general, would it be possible
to have wine guess the mount point given the device?  It might be nice to
be able to symlink "d::" to /dev/hdc and have wine figure out where that's
mounted, instead of having to specify both the device and the mount point.

- Walter