[Wine] Wine - Broderbund Print Shop - printing

STYMA, ROBERT E (ROBERT) stymar at lucent.com
Wed Aug 31 13:04:04 CDT 2005

I am running wine 20050725.
I used winetools to get an assortment
of software loaded and with a bit of tweeking
it worked.

I then ran the install CD for Broderbund
"The Print Shop".  It loaded OK and after
copying a few dll's from my windows box, it
came up and ran.

My problem is with printing.

After reading through the users guide on printing
and poking around in the archives and monitoring
this list for a while, I need to ask a question.

The Linux box I am using (FC4) has no printers
attached.  I have 2 printers defined to the box
as SMB printes which connect to Windows machines.
I need a pointer to information on how to tell
a windows application running under wine to access
networked windows printers.

When I bring up the printer dialog in "The Print Shop"
the box with the printers is empty.  If there was a way
to run the "add printer" dialog that would be nice,
although I will accept and solution.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Robert E. Styma
Principal Engineer (DMTS)