[Wine] Fwd: Monitoring Parallel Port

Trev Jackson trev at g7pvs.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Dec 7 15:44:06 CST 2005

On Wednesday 07 Dec 2005 21:10, you wrote:
> Trev Jackson schrieb:
> > As mentioned previously I couldn't find the vxd files on my working
> > windows computer.
>
> You could try setting a different Windows version using winecfg.
> It could be that you application tries to use the vxd files when running
> on Windows 2000, but do the I/O itself when running under Windows 98.
>
> Philipp
Hi

I've tried Windows 2000 in winecfg and now I don't get the errors, however I
am still getting the scanner not found message box, so I guess I still have
access problems.

I previously tried an old version of wine and used the config file setting to
set the read write access of the parallel port and that didn't work, so I
upgraded to the current version and am still having the same problems.

I am not sure about the VDM\Ports addition, because I had to create both VDM
and Ports and finally create 378 with the value of "/dev/parport0", which
seemed excessive.

Best Regards

Trev