[Wine] Re: Windows apps from windows parttion

GuruLounge - MailLists maillists at gurulounge.dyndns.org
Fri Dec 9 00:23:57 CST 2005

I'd have to guess "no" on this one.  I believe wine uses it's own
registry settings, so for most windows apps to run they need to be
configured in the windows registry -- unless they happen to be
stand-alone apps that don't require any special files or registry
settings (some of these do exist).

I'm assuming you'd like to run programs installed on your windows
partition like Office 2000 or similar.

The only way I could think of to change this is to configure wine to use
the registry and drive assignments of your current windows partition.
I've never seen any references to this and couldn't tell you how to do
it.  I'd be a little afraid to try myself because I'd worry that wine
might corrupt the registry on my windows partition.

Jeff