[Wine] FileMaker 8 Issues

Andrew Barr andrew.james.barr at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 14:39:04 CST 2005

Hi, I was wondering if some Wine wizards would be willing to help me with a
few residual issues I'm having with FileMaker 8 Pro on Wine 0.9.3.

Something changed between 0.9.2 and 0.9.3, and I'm interested to know what,
that made the actual application usable. (an MSI MaskEdit patch fixed the
installation issue post-0.9.2, thanks!) Under 0.9.2 typing into a database
form field corrupted the field display and you couldn't see what you were
typing. In 0.9.3, similar drawing issues are present, but they are not such
that you cannot use the application. The screenshots below (from 0.9.3) will
show you what I mean. I had to obfuscate the text (sloppily, sorry) as this
program is being used in a public school setting and personal student
information is displayed. But the issue is clear nonetheless:

Initial drawing of the form:
http://www.oakcourt.dyndns.org/~andrew/fm8pro/initial.png

Field has focus:
http://www.oakcourt.dyndns.org/~andrew/fm8pro/focus.png

After several keystrokes:
http://www.oakcourt.dyndns.org/~andrew/fm8pro/keystrokes.png

The shade of blue gets darker and darker with each keystroke until it is as
you see it in the last screenshot. If the FileMaker window loses focus all is
back to normal. This is a big improvement on 0.9.2 where the actual text was
corrupted (it alternately disappeared and re-appeared, sometimes appearing
inverted and upside-down).

A less pressing issue is that the application kicks into the Wine debugger on
exit. Output is here:

http://www.oakcourt.dyndns.org/~andrew/fm8pro/winedbg.txt

Thanks for any help or insight anyone can offer.

--
Andrew Barr
andrew.james.barr at gmail.com | http://www.oakcourt.dyndns.org/~andrew/

"I know what I don't know, and to this day I don't know technology
and I don't know accounting and finance."
		-- Bernard Ebbers, former WorldCom CEO