[Wine] Wine's seti@home team

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Mon Dec 19 12:35:01 CST 2005

On Monday 19 December 2005 18:39, Ivan Leo Puoti wrote:
> Hello, I would like to ask all users running seti at home to join wine's team
> http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/team_display.php?teamid=38091
> if you haven't got a seti at home account you can create one and join our team
> automatically by using this link
> http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/create_account_form.php?teamid=38091 Our
> current target is to catch up with the Microsoft team that's here
> http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/team_display.php?teamid=26482
>
> Ivan.

Hi Ivan. This is really, Really, Weird. I've just this moment posted a
question to the SetiAtHome forum, because I'm having problems installing
Boinc on FC2 using Wine. I had no problems installing SetiAtHome classic on
my FC2 using wine, and the graphics were fine, but Boinc's installer is
insisting on needing IE6. This I'm not happy with, as on what remains of my
XP and ME installs, both IE and OE are blocked at the firewall due to
security issues. Do you know of any workaround for installing Boinc with
Wine, without having to install that IE thing. Nigel.