[Wine] setting winecfg settings via shell?

drescher0110-lists at yahoo.com drescher0110-lists at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 25 09:29:28 CST 2005

> Hello,
> Is there a way to change the settings that are
> available in winecfg via the
> shell in the latest wine versions?  I would like to
> be able to automatically
> change the audio hardware acceleration setting via a
> script.
I believe wine stores this information in the .reg
files. As a quick check I backed up my .reg files and
saw that the user.reg file was changed when I switched
the hardware accelleration setting for audio.

# diff user.reg user.reg.orig
< [Software\\Wine\\DirectSound] 1135524425
> [Software\\Wine\\DirectSound] 1135524381
< "HardwareAcceleration"="Emulation"