[Wine]Problem Starting Wine

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Wed Feb 2 17:35:16 CST 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 16:47 -0500, Thomas H. George wrote:
> I have a Debian testing box with a 2.4.26 kernel.  I used apt-get to
> install wine, wine-doc and winesetup.  Setup detected all the drives and
> paths on my system but when I tried to run a program with the command

Don't use winesetup, and don't use the old Debian packages.  They're
broken and out of date.

Instead use my Debian Wine packages at winehq.org - we have our own apt
repository there.  There's also a winetools package there you can

Winetools will setup your configuration beautifully, as well as help you
install software you might need like DCOM.

Scott Ritchie