[Wine]No Sound while playing games

siddharth seth siddharthseth_phy at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 7 01:59:36 CST 2005

Hi all
I have been getting this really crazy problem while
using wine. My wine version is 20050111. Last night I
installed warcraft III and the games graphics and
sound worked perfectly, no hassles at all.  Today when
I restarted the game there was no sound. I fiddled
around in the [WinMM] section of the config but
couldnt get the sound back.

Today I installed Soldiers of Fortune. Played the game
and everything again worked beautifully. Now when I
try to play it again there is no sound.

I am quite confused since there is sound when I play
it the first time but subsequently no sound at all.
All my other applications (with sound ) are working.
Can some one tell me whats going on here. Obviously
its got something to do with wine.

Cheers

Sid