[Wine]Huge fonts in font selector - no characters when printing

Johan Ekenberg johan at ekenberg.se
Tue Feb 8 14:51:57 CST 2005

I'm experimenting with a Swedish accounting program (SPCS Administration 2000)
in Wine. The program seems to work fine except for printing. Only a few
formatting horizontal lines are printed, no characters at all. It's the same
result in the print preview, printing to a PDF or to a real printer (through
CUPS).

In the printing dialog there is an option to select fonts. In the font
selector, I can choose from a large number of fonts, but in the preview
window they are HUGE. I select 8pt but the preview shows a font size like
50pt or 100pt (can't really see since the preview window is far to small -
only a small part of the characters fit in the window). I guess this is
connected with characters not being shown in the printing output - because
the formatting lines hint that the (invisible) characters are really large,
and printing to a printer resulted in 40 blank pages...

I'm using wine 20041019 on Gentoo Linux. Please forgive if I'm leaving out any
obvious information, I'm a newbie when it comes to Wine and don't know
exactly what to report.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Regards,
/Johan Ekenberg