[Wine]Application -almost- working

Chris Cox yeahsowhat at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 00:54:52 CST 2005

On Sunday 06 February 2005 10:54 am, Tom deL wrote:
> Hello all from a wine newbie.
>
> I have an old favorite Windows application that is
> one of the last impediments to being completely
> Windows free. The app was written in vb I am pretty
> sure as it requires vbrun300.dll
>
> After sorting out some font related problems I got
> it running but there is a hiccup that is very
> maddening: After the first (or second) running, a
> function of the program hangs. Seems odd because
> it works fine the first time the app is run.

<SNIP>

> After the first running, the program hangs with
> a Windows style hourglass when it should be making
> the rendering. The window (and program) may be
> closed by clicking on the X in upper right.

You might want to try it with Codeweaver's version of Wine.  They have a trial
version you can download on their homepage.  http://www.codeweavers.com/

I've noticed several programs that work much better with it than the free
version of Wine.  Also, you'll notice they are having it at a greatly reduced
price.

--
- Chris
ICQ: 5255916  IRC: freenode.net #gentoo