[Wine]Desktop malfunction - Wine

sean funk sfunk1x at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 15:20:42 CST 2005

So, this is the capture I got from running Wine alone on my desktop.
Fedora Core 3, Wine 20050111, without Winetools. This is using the
latest stable SMP kernel (don't have version number off the top of my
head, -740 or something like that). I may have left out numerous dubious
details. If so, please let me know...

FWIW, this is installed off the latest RPM.

[sfunk1x at localhost ~]# wine
wine: creating configuration directory '/home/sfunk1x/.wine'...
wine: Unhandled exception (thread 0009), starting debugger...
err:seh:EXC_DefaultHandling Unhandled exception code c0000005 flags 0
addr 0x1ad7af50
wine: wineprefixcreate failed while creating '/home/sfunk1x/.wine'.
[sfunk1x at localhost ~]# wineserver: could not save registry branch to
/home/sfunk1x/.wine-l0p0L5/system.reg : No such file or directory
wineserver: could not save registry branch to
/home/sfunk1x/.wine-l0p0L5/userdef.reg : No such file or directory
wineserver: could not save registry branch to
/home/sfunk1x/.wine-l0p0L5/user.reg : No such file or directory