[Wine]excel still broken

Joachim von Thadden thadden at web.de
Sat Feb 12 09:14:12 CST 2005

Am Fr, Feb 11, 2005 at 07:04:10 -0800 schrieb Dan Sawyer:
> excel.exe is still broken on the latest wine 2.11 with the mscreate.dir

Hi Dan,

wine 2.11? What is this? And which Excel version? 95, 97, 2000, XP,
2003? I can run 95, 97, 2000 flawlessly with WineTools installation and
also without ;-)

> error on excel start up. the system is win98 so dcom98.exe is loaded.

The system is Win98? Did you try to start from a windows partition?
Don't do that as it is not debuggable and results are unpredictable
because of the thousands drivers, registry keys and other things
windows are doing on it's own system (a true nightmare...).

> Is there a work around. If so where is it documented? I have tried to
> install the dcom95 version but that errors.

Try with WineTools and a fake windows directory.

Regards
	Joachim
          Never run a touchy system!!!"