[Wine]DCOM9x - Is it used only for instalation or running?

Joachim von Thadden thadden at web.de
Sat Feb 12 11:03:32 CST 2005

Am Sa, Feb 12, 2005 at 12:24:26 -0200 schrieb penna at bb.com.br:
>      I have a doubt: is the DCOM95/DCOM98 used only for instalation
> purposes or it is used for the running process to do something?
>      I'm asking this because we have equal workstations that we could just
> install wine, configure it the same way and put only the apps we want to
> run but without DCOM9x because it requires a Windows license. Is that
> possible? I mean I could use only one machine to make the instalations,
> with the proper license of DCOM9x, and reproduce the files (without DCOM9x)
> on the other machines.

Depends on your apps. Many apps (not only the installer) use DCOM for
many purposes and the native version works better than Wine's builtin
one. You can try without. If I understand it right there is a licensed
DCOM95 for Wine that you can use for Wine without a Windows license.
Perhaps you will have luck with that.

Regards
	Joachim
          Never run a touchy system!!!"