AMD64 + kernel 2.6.10 -> seg faults in wine (Was: [Wine]Re: Warcraft III can't find cdrom)

T.J. Zeeman tjzeeman at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 14:30:04 CST 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-11 at 21:10 +0000, Mike Hearn wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 21:21:42 +0100, T.J. Zeeman wrote:
> > Just to be sure I just did a complete rebuild (including a make clean)
> > and it still crashes immediately.
> >
> > Any chance this may be caused by using only dlls provided by wine?
>
> Maybe .. you'll need to debug this one yourself I'm afraid.

For the time being, I have reverted to kernel 2.6.8 (debian-amd64
pure64: 2.6.8-11) which at least lets me run wine without immediately
seg faulting. Warcraft III is still not running (cdrom problem, probably
the copy protection), but Baldur's Gate and Caesar III are.

I'll try to dig into the W3 problem first. Could take a while, the log I
just generated is over 270 MB, and that was only starting up the app up
until it checks for the drive. If anyone is interested I can put a
gzip'd version of it for download somewhere.

Thanks for the effort so far.

regards,
Thomas