[Wine]excel still broken

Joachim von Thadden thadden at web.de
Sun Feb 13 10:41:19 CST 2005

Am So, Feb 13, 2005 at 07:28:36 -0800 schrieb Dan Sawyer:
> The wine version is the 20050211 release. The excel is excel '97. It is
> a native windows 98 implementation. That is where all the software is
> installed. The symptom is excel hangs after an cannot write to
> mscreate.dir message with the excel splash screen up. This started with
> the Jan 05 release. Before that this ran fine.

Hi Dan,

if it works from a native install you are lucky. So why just don't stay
with a 2004 release of Wine? Read my signature! 20050111 has several
drawbacks as I already mailed these days:

- Acrobat Reader 6 does not work
- MS Access hangs very frequently
- the Outlook splash screen is in the way and
  can not be removed by SplashScreenKiller
- Outlook crashes when opening mails with
  attachments

Excel worked good with WineTools installation but there may be other
problems I did not get while doing my little test for the next
WineTools release.

Regards
	Joachim
          Never run a touchy system!!!"