[Wine]Installing Flash MX - stdole32.tlb problem?

Hiji hijinio at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 14 15:20:56 CST 2005

Hi all,

I've noticed that at least in the last two Wine
releases, Flash MX (not Flash MX 2004) won't install
or run:
* If I do a clean install of Wine, and try to run the
installer, it eventually hangs, and I get an error
that states "The Installshield Engine (iKernel.exe)
could not be launched. (0x8000405)"
* If I drop an stdole32.tlb file into my fake windows/
system folder, and run it that way, it exits on an
overflow.  (See output below.)

I'm on Suse 9.2, and I've tried installing dcom98.exe
and have gotten the same results.  I didn't find any
leads on the APPDB or Frank's Corner either.

Any ideas?  Is this something that I need to take to
the wine-devel list or is there a new workaround?
Flash MX used to work just fine (I've got it working
on wine-20041019.)

Thanks!
Hiji

/media/cdrecorder/Flash MX> wine Flash\ MX\
Installer.exe
/media/cdrecorder/Flash MX> fixme:ole:RegisterTypeLib
Registering non-oleautomation interface!
fixme:ole:ITypeInfo_fnRelease destroy child objects
[...]
err:seh:setup_exception stack overflow 64 bytes in
thread 000d eip 40076775 esp 405c0fc0 stack 0x405c0000-0x406c0000