[Wine]Outlook with Winetools and 20041019

Brouard Nicolas nicolas.brouard at libertysurf.fr
Wed Feb 16 03:47:37 CST 2005

On
http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-users/2005/02/0013.html
Joachim wrote:
> This is how it works here:
> - use Wine 20041019
> - use WineTools and go through the whole "Base setup"
> - install MS Installer from the "Windows system software" menu
> - install Office 2000 with this setup via WineTools
> - have fun with Outlook
>
> Regards
> 	Joachim

I can confirm that with later versions of Wine, Outlook (not OE) did not
install.
But even with 20041019, Outlook doesn't completely work. The menus are
playing well but only on the main window, File, Print etc.. If I edit a
contact, the menus are no more working (I can't print this contact, I
can't save the modified contact, etc.).

Any idea of what is wrong?
I also got a similar problem with a statistical software. Both problems
are solved with CrossOver. But CrossOver is not a GPL solution as far I
know.

PS: I need Outlook, not for reading mails (Evolution is here) but to
print contacts in a nice way and also to get back contacts which I lost
with Evolution while syncing from my Palm (a Palm handles only a limited
number of categories) and upgrading Evolution.

Cheers,
Nicolas

--
Brouard Nicolas <nicolas.brouard at libertysurf.fr>