[Wine]Re: Winetools

Joachim von Thadden thadden at web.de
Fri Feb 18 06:03:48 CST 2005

Am Do, Feb 17, 2005 at 06:36:06 +0000 schrieb Andy Allen:
> I've installed the Winetools rpm as you suggested and created the links
> as per instructions under 'Installation' - however, I haven't created

If you install the RPM of WineTools all links are created by the RPM.
That's what I made it for. It should also take care for you if there is
no Xdialog. You have to install with --nodeps if you don't have Xdialog.

> the fake Windows directory yet, so executing wt from a shell results in
> loads of error messages! Sorry, but where can I get instructions on
> exactly how to set up the fake drives etc for 'Windows'? (I'm very new
> to linux etc - a recent convert from MS Windows, so need some help!)

That's exactly the purpose of WineTools. The messages on the terminal
are debug messages and very useful for me if WineTools fails. You can
just ignore them, unless you have a problem with WineTools.

And do me the favor to use the wine users mailinglist
(http://www.winehq.org/mailman/listinfo/wine-users) for help.

Regards
	Joachim
          Never run a touchy system!!!"