[Wine]Proper way of updating winetools?

Klaus-Peter Schrage kpschrage at gmx.de
Sun Feb 20 11:50:35 CST 2005

After updating from, say winetools-2.10-jo to 2.11-jo (by rpm), I can't
use the wt startup scripts like ie6, wmplayer etc. any longer, and I get
an error message similar to "winetools hasn't been configured for this
user. Run the base setup ..." But doing so would erase my ~/.wine
directory and thus destroy my old setup including all my program
installations, which of course I wouldn't like to happen.
Now, before doing the base setup, I could backup my .wine directory.
But how to restore it? By destroying the new one created by
winetools-2.11? Which might lead to "winetools hasn't been configured
for ..."
Perhaps I am missing something very obvious, so please help me out of
this vicious cycle.
Klaus