[Wine]Proper way of updating winetools?

Joachim von Thadden thadden at web.de
Mon Feb 21 02:09:35 CST 2005

Am So, Feb 20, 2005 at 06:50:35 +0100 schrieb Klaus-Peter Schrage:
> After updating from, say winetools-2.10-jo to 2.11-jo (by rpm), I can't
> use the wt startup scripts like ie6, wmplayer etc. any longer, and I get
> an error message similar to "winetools hasn't been configured for this
> user. Run the base setup ..." But doing so would erase my ~/.wine

Hi,

are you sure it does not tell you, "Wine has not been configured for
this user yet"? It is complaining about your Wine setup, not your
WineTools setup. If you have error messages, send them exact and
correct, please. WineTools searches for the availability of the
following program:

"$WINEDIR/drive_c/windows/regedit.exe"

where $WINEDIR is ~/.wine. If this program, which is a link to
/usr/lib/wine/regedit.exe.so (or whereever you installed Wine to), is
not there than you deleted it, did not use WineTools, or your setup is
not common to WineTools. This might be the reason if you don't have
drive_c as the C:\ entry. To solve this, create a symlink from your
entry (probably just called c) to drive_c.

Regards
	Joachim
          Never run a touchy system!!!"