[Wine]Outlook with Winetools and 20041019

Brouard Nicolas nicolas.brouard at libertysurf.fr
Tue Feb 22 05:32:13 CST 2005

Le vendredi 18 février 2005 à 17:27 +0100, Joachim von Thadden a écrit :
> Am Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 10:47:37AM +0100 schrieb Brouard Nicolas:
> > On
> > http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-users/2005/02/0013.html
> > Joachim wrote:
> > > This is how it works here:
> > > - use Wine 20041019
> > > - use WineTools and go through the whole "Base setup"
> > > - install MS Installer from the "Windows system software" menu
> > > - install Office 2000 with this setup via WineTools
> > > - have fun with Outlook
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > 	Joachim
> >
> > I can confirm that with later versions of Wine, Outlook (not OE) did not
> > install.
>
> I can *not* confirm that. I could install Office 2000 with Outlook with
> WineTools with every version of Wine since 200409xx and never had
> problems.
>
> > But even with 20041019, Outlook doesn't completely work. The menus are
> > playing well but only on the main window, File, Print etc.. If I edit a
> > contact, the menus are no more working (I can't print this contact, I
> > can't save the modified contact, etc.).
>
> I can *not* confirm that also! I just tried it with the WineTools
> installation using Wine 20041019 and exactly the process you describing
> works very well. I must admit that it crashes often. Did you try to get
> to the menus via the shortcuts (e.g. ALT+F for the File menu)?

Many thanks,
ALT+f opens the dialog that I can't get with the menu, that's true. But
when I press on 'Save' then Outlook says that there is a missing
Adressboook ddl for Microsoft (a French similar sentence).

Doing WINEDEBUG=+loaddll wine20041201  "c:\\program files\\microsoft
office\
\office\\outlook.exe" /f
outputs:

trace:loaddll:load_dll Loaded module L"C:\\windows\\system\
\MSVCRT.dll" : native
trace:loaddll:load_dll Loaded module L"c:\\windows\\system\
\advapi32.dll" : builtin
trace:loaddll:load_dll Loaded module L"c:\\windows\\system\\gdi32.dll" :
builtin
trace:loaddll:load_dll Loaded module L"c:\\windows\\system\
\user32.dll" : builtin
trace:loaddll:load_dll Loaded module L"C:\\windows\\system\\ole32.dll" :
native
trace:loaddll:load_dll Loaded module L"c:\\windows\\system\
\comctl32.dll" : builtin
trace:loaddll:load_dll Loaded module L"C:\\program files\\microsoft
office\\office\\MSO9.DLL" : native
trace:loaddll:load_dll Loaded module L"C:\\program files\\microsoft
office\\office\\OUTLLIB.dll" : native
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "krnl386.exe" : builtin
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "system.drv" : builtin
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "GDI.EXE" : builtin
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "USER.EXE" : builtin
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module "keyboard.drv" : builtin
trace:loaddll:load_dll Loaded module L"c:\\windows\\system\
\x11drv.dll" : builtin
trace:loaddll:load_dll Loaded module L"c:\\windows\\system\\imm32.dll" :
builtin

I don't know exactly which dll is missing or claimed as missing.

I must add that I tried to install my French version of Office Outlook
2000. It seems to differ in many ways from other languages. For example,
in order to protect from piracy some files are hidden and the CD has to
be mounted "unhide". At second, winetools doesn't read the autorun.inf
yet (crossover does), but if it could, it will
launch "wine d:\install.exe" instead of "wine d:\setup.exe" . The
workaround with winetools consists in not using the default install but
the manual installation which lets you browse the files and to choose
/mnt/cdrom/install.exe

Also, I don't have problem with splash screens which are disappearing on
their own (without splashkiller and with a version of Wine before
20050111).

With this install CD, and it was a well-known bug on Windows too, it
rapidly claims (just after entering the Product Key) that it doesn't
find a conforming product on the drive and ask for a drive again. And I
had to select D: again. But installing Office-Tools/Office-Assistants or
not (as mention in Winetools) does not seem to change anything to my
problem. Should I check in more details?

With my latest install (standard install of Office, not by selecting
Outlook only), Office claims that the companion is not installed and I
enter that I don't need it.

How can I debug in more details for this missing dll?
Many thanks to all.

Nicolas

--
Brouard Nicolas <nicolas.brouard at libertysurf.fr>