[Wine]Registry entry for .NET?

Holly Bostick motub at planet.nl
Tue Feb 22 17:30:55 CST 2005

Hey all,

I'm trying to run the HakInstaller for Neverwinter Nights
(http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/other/data/1076838606000.shtml ).

Unfortunately, it requires .NET 1.1 to run. I have the SuSE 9.2 Mono
package (version 1.0.1; I know there's a later, but this should be OK,
afaik) installed; I've loaded the module and mount reports that
/proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc is mounted.

The program apparently is prepared to run under Wine 20050211, however,
it gives me a (normal Windows dialog) error saying:

Please set Registry key
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\NETFramework\InstallRoot to point to the .NET
framework install location.

I can (probably) write the registry key (with Regedit directly if
necessary), but where is the .NET framework install root?
/proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc? Somewhere else?

Any help appreciated.

Holly