[Wine]Street Atlas 8.0 Extractor

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Tue Feb 22 19:37:02 CST 2005

On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 12:44:59AM +0100, Sylvain Petreolle wrote:
> > I gather that the first four lines are a complaint about the lack of
> > MFC42.DLL. However:
> >
> > [ccurley at charlesc ~]$ locate MFC42.DLL
> > /home/ccurley/.wine/drive_c/windows/system/MFC42.DLL
>
> These 4 lines are only saying some functions were not found in the MFC42.DLL you have installed
> on your disk.
> Some versions of this library are existing,
> you could look on the installation disk to see if this file is not here.
>
> In this case you could remove the existing one in drive_c/windows/system/ and replace it.

Thank you. There is indeed a suitable DLL on the product CD-ROM, at
Util/PoiCutr/Mfc42.dll. I moved the old one aside and copied that one
into place, and the extractor works.

This helps with another problem. I mentioned in a separate email that
the main SA 8.0 program has problems reading a CD-ROM image. It turns
out that the Extractor does not. I had the CD-ROM door open when I ran
the extractor, and it picked up data drom somewhere, possibly the
program's cache. So I was able to build a cache for one state and some
surrounding areas without the data CD-ROM. So the obvious workaround
for the CD-ROM image problem is to use the extractor.

Thanks again.