[Wine]Can't get wine to work on amd64

Joachim von Thadden thadden at web.de
Wed Feb 23 02:44:00 CST 2005

Am Di, Feb 22, 2005 at 07:05:54 -0500 schrieb ben:
> Hey,
> thanks a lot!
> thanks a lot for the quick reply. that seems like it fixed that
> problem. I might have the command and options wrong but when i try to

Hi,

if you reply you have to reply to alle so that your answer goes to the
mailing list, too.

> run an install executable from a mounted cd-rom drive, i get this
> message:
>
> bash-2.05b$ wine "/mnt/cdrom/Setup.exe"
> Warning: the specified Windows directory L"c:\\windows" is not accessible.
> Warning: the specified System directory L"c:\\windows\\system" is not
> accessible.
> Warning: could not find DOS drive for current working directory
> '/home/webster', starting in the Windows directory.
> wine: cannot find '/mnt/cdrom/Setup.exe'

There are links missing. The easiest way to solve this and all your
next coming problems would be to use WineTools and perform the Base
setup as I already recommended.

Regards
	Joachim
          Never run a touchy system!!!"