[Wine]Can't get sound

Joachim von Thadden thadden at web.de
Wed Feb 23 05:27:04 CST 2005

Am Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 12:00:45AM -0600 schrieb Rob Brenart:
> It uses (and installed) quicktime, so maybe it's quicktime I need to get
> sound from?
> But if I click the quicktime icon it put on my desktop my screen goes
> nuts and I have to restart the xserver to make my computer usable again.

[AppDefaults\\QuickTimePlayer.exe\\x11drv]
"Managed" = "N"
"Desktop" = "1024x768"

Should do the trick. Sometimes it is necessary to also use:

[AppDefaults\\QuickTimePlayer.exe\\DllOverrides]
"ddraw" = ""

By the way: If sound is not playing with quicktime you should look into
the config for the sound and whether it's compatible with your
Gnome/KDE sound daemon.

Regards
	Joachim
          Never run a touchy system!!!"