[Wine]MS Access, Endnote, among others

Sebastian Luque sluque at mun.ca
Wed Feb 23 13:54:57 CST 2005

Hello,

Has anybody been able to successfully install MS Office XP Pro in Wine? I
don't care much about the whole suite, I need MS Access, but since I have
a bundled cd, I don't have much choice. Apparently several folks have had
similar problems in this list, and I haven't found solutions. Wine-version
is 0.0.20041201-1 Debian unstable package.

I'm not sure I'm starting the installer correctly. I found a setup.exe in
the /msde2000/ directory, but "wine cannot determine executable type for
L:E:\\msde2000\\setup.exe". I also tried other executables in the root
directory of the cd ("instmsi.exe", and "instmsiw.exe"), and receive:

Please use the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software\Fonts\LogPixels
to set the screen resolution and remove the "Resolution" entry in the config file
Please use the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software\Fonts\LogPixels
to set the screen resolution and remove the "Resolution" entry in the config file

I'd be grateful for any hints.

Cheers
--
Sebastian Luque