[Wine]Re: Problems with Diablo II: Can install, but not play

Adam Aube aaube01 at baker.edu
Wed Feb 23 18:25:27 CST 2005

Jonathan Wilson wrote:

> Diablo II uses Securom copy protection.
> Unless something has changed recently, WINE does not support games with
> Securom copy protection (hence the suggestion to use a crack).

I have seen references to people running Diablo II under Wine without using
a crack, though no details were posted. Then again, it's possible that
those people were mistaken.

I will look into trying a crack to get the program to work. But I would
still prefer to find a solution that doesn't require a crack.

Adam