[Wine]Re: Question about vidmode switching (WoW related)

Jason Stelzer wine at ElitistBastard.com
Mon Feb 28 13:18:40 CST 2005

On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 06:32:02PM +0000, Mike Hearn wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 06:12:16 -0700, Jason Stelzer wrote:
> > So is this a problem of me not having the correct X11 extension loaded? Or
> > is this simply a minor issue in the cvs version of wine? I'm not terribly
> > bothered by it, I was just wondering if anyone else ran into this and knew
> > a fix.
>
> We support XrandR as well, and have done for ages. Maybe you need to
> upgrade/fiddle with your X server? Make sure "UseRandR" in your wine
> config file is not off also.

I checked UseRandR and changed it to "Y". No real change. I'm using Debian
Testing, XFree 4.3.0 with nvidia 6629 drivers w/kernel 2.6.7 (I know, I'm
lazy). Perhaps I'll have better luck when we get x.org in 2048 :)

The gnome xrandr applet works fine. So, xrandr is working. I went so far
to test if it was a window manager issue by starting x with just an xterm
and no window manager. Same condition. I might try more stuff tonight just
to see if I can get it to work. I'm more curious than anything.

--
Jason Stelzer (wine at elitistbastard.com)

Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability
to accept what I can't and the incapacity to tell the difference.
-- Calvin