[Wine]Newbie: wine does not quit immediately after termination

Charles Stroom charles at stremen.xs4all.nl
Sat Jan 1 05:49:38 CST 2005

I have recently installed wine (Wine 20040213) on SuSE 9.1 (from
RPM) and I am trying to get a few windows application to run.
My procedure is as described in the wine user guide: copy the
"app" directory from original windows to the wine "Program Files"
directory, run "wine app", see what DLL is missing, copy that one
to sytem folder and add a corresponding line to the config file.

I have been fairly succesfull with Breezebrowser (seems to be ok)
and then tried a version of Quicken.  Also Quicken seems to be
running, but when I close Quicken, wine does not terminate
immediately (as for Breezebrowser), but goes on and on and on for
maybe 10 minutes, and then eventually stops.  During this period,
I can see:
22403 charles   25   0 63208  33m  24m R 50.1  6.6   5:50.81 wine-pthread
22409 charles   15   0  7276 5308 2540 S 45.1  1.0   5:05.86 wineserver
running, but they do not seem to be doing anything.

I run wine with " --debugmsg  warn+all", but they are no messages
in this period, except maybe a last line, which says:
warn:driver:CloseDriver Failed to close driver

Is this a driver problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Charles Stroom

email: charles at stremen dot xs4all dot nl