[Wine]dlls - still a newbie

James E. LaBarre jamesl at bestweb.net
Sun Jan 2 08:08:32 CST 2005

David L. Smith wrote:
> And for the second growl, I don't want to hurt your feelings, sir, but putting
> IE on my linux feels like giving someone AIDS to cure their allergies. I did
> it, but I'll be looking over my shoulder a lot.

Don't think of adding Internyet Exploder as an end in itself.  The truth
is far too many sloppy or lazy programmers build in dependencies on
MSIE, and will not install without it.  So usually I'm installing it
just to try to get past that issue.

Maybe someday the Wine programmers will be able to craft a "dummy" MSIE
module, which will forward it's web page needs to your own preferred
browser.  I suspect it will have to be a seperate plug-in, as it would
probably prevent you from installing a *real* MSIE if you still wanted to.