[Wine]Running DC++ 0.668 with wine-20041201

Cedric cedric.dewijs at tiscali.nl
Sun Jan 2 10:43:02 CST 2005

Hi all,

First of all, Thank jou guys for making windows programs run on linux! I've
been searching for a Direct Connect client that works in windows and linux.
The solution was to run DC++ on top of wine.

At first DC++ crashed a lot, but after disabling the 'progress bars for
transfer' at advanced options dc++ keeps running.

There are however a few things that doesn't work perfectly yet:
The public hub list: can't be sorted, and wine spits out this line:
err:listview:LISTVIEW_WindowProc unknown msg 1051 wp=44f01724 lp=00413593
The list of actual down/uploads at the bottom of the screen however can be
sorted. I guess there are two different pieces of code handling sorting

when i set it to fullscreen (1280x1024,KDE 3.3.2) the aria on the upper-right
isn't updated, the contens of the screen below it is shown (for instance a
xmms screen)

after i search something, i make the coloms smaller and then bigger again.
Some of the text isn't updated then. after i scroll the list, the text is
updated

there is a way to let DC++ crash, it imvolves closing connections by
right-clicking on somebody i'm downloading from. I have no more details on
that, as i didn't want DC++ to crash :)

As reference here's the complete console output of wine running DC++, I hope
there's something usefull in there.

Regards,
cedric