[Wine]Program requires NVIDIA driver

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Tue Jan 4 07:42:15 CST 2005

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 16:21:13 -0500, Adam D wrote:
> My program has detected X11 windowing system and needs to
> modify the video chain but it can't. What do you
> think?

What kind of a program is this? I've never seen any program that wanted to
reconfigure the video driver system in order to run.

By the way it doesn't matter what drivers you're using on Linux or
FreeBSD. It's detecting the Wine X11 driver as that's the only one the app
can see.

You may be able to hack it, but I suspect there's a reason why the app
needs that specific driver, and I doubt lying to it will help much.

thanks -mike