[Wine]Space Empires: Starfury problems

Adam Babcock adam at nemesys.ca
Tue Jan 4 16:21:14 CST 2005

Hello all,

I am attempting to get this game running under wine, but have
encountered some difficulties. When I start the game, a blank window
pops up, then the startup window opens, and then it goes full screen,
even though I have it set in the wine config AppDefaults section to run
the game in managed desktop mode. In looking at the terminal ouput, I
see this:

fixme:ddraw:DirectDrawEnumerateExA no non-display devices supported.
fixme:ddraw:DirectDrawEnumerateExA no detached secondary devices supported.
fixme:ddraw:Main_DirectDraw_SetCooperativeLevel
(0x77c70c90)->(00010024,00000008)

Any ideas on how to solve this would be greatly appreciated.