[Wine]Still Newbie: 16 bit application in wine?

Joachim von Thadden thadden at web.de
Tue Jan 4 17:29:41 CST 2005

Am Mi, Jan 05, 2005 at 12:08:37 +0100 schrieb Charles Stroom:
> I have included the following statements in my config file:

looks good

> There exist a "DWGBOARD.FEB" file in the program directory, so I do not
> understand why the program is unable to find the file (it has ugo read
> permission).  I checked the original installation (Windows 2000 under vmware)
> and there exist no other *.FEB file.

Some apps like it to be called from their installation directory. Did
you try to cd to this directory first? Sometimes you als need to give
them the path in Windows notation. Try something like

cd ~/.wine/drive_c/pathtodrawingboard
wine c:\\pathtodrawingboard

Use \\ for every windows slash you need.

> so far.  I start to have some hope to get rid of vmware.

There is also qemu if you just want a cheap solution to run your
software. It works good with Win98 and is somehow slow but if you
software is not too graphic driven it might work.

Regards
	Joachim
          Never run a touchy system!!!"