[Wine]Accessing XP Drive

Joachim von Thadden thadden at web.de
Thu Jan 6 03:52:38 CST 2005

Am Mi, Jan 05, 2005 at 02:08:32 -0500 schrieb David Jay Jackson:
> But it seem that all I can execicute from the partiton is IE and simple
> applications like putty? But know Office or Lotus Notes?

You can. But don't do. Install this software native under wine, please.
It is very hard for everyone to debug non standard uses of Wine. IE6,
Notes and Office work very well with Wine. You might consider using
WineTools for setup IE and Office. For Notes you just copy the notes
directory from your Windows-Partition to the fake C: drive of Wine and
change tha paths in the notes.ini. You have to use Notes 6.5.1 Update to
this version first under Windows before you copy it to your Wine-Drive.

Regards
	Joachim
          Never run a touchy system!!!"