[Wine]Goldwave 5

Leon Kackman assistprior at shastaabbey.org
Thu Jan 6 22:02:24 CST 2005

Hi all,

I am relatively new to Linux and wine and I am trying to run an audio
editing software called Goldwave 5.06 (version 4.26 works relatively
well). 5.06 installs ok but when I go to run it I get the following error:

"Driver does not support 16 bit colour depth or visual buffer could not
be created. Visual disabled."

And the meter displays do not work. I have tried adjusting the color
depth in linux to no avail. When I set the color depth to 8 bit (just to
see what happens) Goldwave tells me it must have at least 16 bit.

I am running FC2 on a dual boot system with Windows ME and I have the
most recent version of wine (20041201) and wine tools 209.

Any thoughts?

Also, the software has trouble with my USB soundcard, it finds the
soundcard but says it can't load the driver.

Again, any thoughts?

It is really impressive what this project is doing and what I am able to
do with wine.
Thanks much,
Leon