[Wine]winetools + proxy

Joachim von Thadden thadden at web.de
Fri Jan 7 14:44:57 CST 2005

Am Fr, Jan 07, 2005 at 05:51:55 +0100 schrieb Sabine Sagner-Weigl:
> Winetools hangs trying to download arial32.exe because we have a proxy here.
> Is there a way (e.g. environment variable) to tell winetools to use a proxy?

WineTools uses wget to download and wget uses the environment variables
http_proxy and ftp_proxy. Set them in your terminal before you start
WineTools or better set them system wide, because all other applications
want to know that information also. For example on my system (that has it's own
proxy because I don't like banners) it is:

export ftp_proxy=http://localhost:3128
export http_proxy=http://localhost:3128

RedHat and Fedora read for every login the scripts located in
/etc/profile.d. You can there place a script proxy.sh with the above
content to let all users and applications have these informations after
the next login.

Regards
	Joachim
          Never run a touchy system!!!"