[Wine]Tron 2.0 & DirectX 9.0a

Erik Keever ejkeever at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 7 19:43:21 CST 2005

Tron 2.0 starts up, offers the init menu, and works fine until you try
and actually start the game. At that point, it goes blank for about 5
seconds and then says "To play tron 2.0, you need DirectX 9.0a and a
supported video card with hardware TnL."

If you go to the 'display' menu it says that the DX9 renderer is
selected, but has nothing listed for resolutions or displays. Is there
anything I can do to make this work, or does Wine just not support DX9
at all yet?

(BTW, to change any of the renderer options (fog, lighting, etc), you
have to be playing the game already, so...)

Using wine-20041201 with all the default DLLs set to builtin, native
except for msvcrt (native, builtin). Game absolutely refuses to load if
winversion is set to win98, throwing up this:

fixme:ole:ITypeInfo_fnRelease destroy child objects
fixme:aspi:SendASPI32Command ASPI: Partially implemented SC_HA_INQUIRY
for adapter 0.
fixme:aspi:SendASPI32Command ASPI: Partially implemented SC_HA_INQUIRY
for adapter 0.
fixme:aspi:SendASPI32Command ASPI: Partially implemented SC_HA_INQUIRY
for adapter 0.

A quick change of win98 to win2k later:

fixme:ole:ITypeInfo_fnRelease destroy child objects
fixme:cursor:CURSORICON_SimulateLoadingFromResourceW Animated icons not
correctly implemented! 0x424f0000
fixme:cursor:CURSORICON_SimulateLoadingFromResourceW icon entry found!
0x424f0000
fixme:cursor:CURSORICON_SimulateLoadingFromResourceW icon size ok.
offset=0x424f006c
fixme:user:SetSystemCursor (0x126e,00007f00),stub!
 [repeat 10 more times]
fixme:user:SetSystemCursor (0x12be,00007f02),stub!
fixme:cdrom:CDROM_DeviceIoControl Unsupported IOCTL 2d1400 (type=2d
access=0 func=500 meth=0)
fixme:ntdll:FILE_GetNtStatus Converting errno 16 to STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL
fixme:user:SetSystemCursor (0x11c6,00007f8a),stub!
  [repeat 10 more times]
fixme:d3d:IWineD3DImpl_GetDeviceCaps Caps support for directx9 is
non-existent at the moment!
  [repeat 7 more times]
This sound card's driver does not support direct access
The (slower) DirectSound HEL mode will be used instead.
fixme:mmtime:timeBeginPeriod Stub; we set our timer resolution at
minimum
fixme:dsound:IDirectSoundImpl_SetCooperativeLevel level=DSSCL_PRIORITY
not fully supported
fixme:mmtime:timeEndPeriod Stub; we set our timer resolution at minimum

On a hunch, I tried changing it to winxp and got the same as 2k. So, is
there anything I can do to get this program to run?