[Wine]clobbered config file

John McKee jmmckee at flinthills.com
Sun Jan 9 10:56:27 CST 2005

Yesterday, I finally finished getting Internet Explorer installed.
WineTools reports that DCOM98 and arial32.exe (fonts) are installed.
But, when I try to run anything, I get an error message stating that the
config file is invalid.  And, it is.  Now, it is totally empty.

The last thing I did, as far as installing is concerned, was to run an
installer for a tv station application taht shows news and weather on
the desktop.  That application worked just fine.

I'm not sure how I ended that application.

All i know, now, is that nothing works, because the config file is just
gone.

Is there any way to recreate it without trashing anything else?

Also, is IE supposed to be able to be installed using winetools?  When
wt gets done, I get an error stating that setup has failed.  Nothing
else.

John McKee