[Wine]clobbered config file

Joachim von Thadden thadden at web.de
Mon Jan 10 04:53:29 CST 2005

Am So, Jan 09, 2005 at 10:56:27 -0600 schrieb John McKee:
> Yesterday, I finally finished getting Internet Explorer installed.
> WineTools reports that DCOM98 and arial32.exe (fonts) are installed.
> But, when I try to run anything, I get an error message stating that the
> config file is invalid.  And, it is.  Now, it is totally empty.

You can just do
cp /usr/local/winetools/config.new ~/.wine/config
to recreate the WineTools configuration.

> The last thing I did, as far as installing is concerned, was to run an
> installer for a tv station application taht shows news and weather on
> the desktop.  That application worked just fine.

Good, than why not helping us all and posting the following informations
to the list (or to me) that I can integrate new applications into
WineTools:

- name, version and language of the software
- exact download location
- website for informations
- specialities for installation with Wine

> Also, is IE supposed to be able to be installed using winetools?  When
> wt gets done, I get an error stating that setup has failed.  Nothing
> else.

Yes IE6 is know to working with WineTools. That's why it is in the menu
;-) If you encounter problems, get tha actual WineTools 2.1.0 and
startover with the "Base setup" again.

Regards
	Joachim
          Never run a touchy system!!!"